When is my retail bond going to be paid?
Most claims will be paid within 14 days of receipt.
Delays in processing are likely to occur in the following circumstances:
- If the information on the form is incomplete or differs from the records;
- If we can’t validate a signature;
- If one of the parties disputes the claim;
- If the bond is found to be held in the residential scheme;
- If either party is a company that is under administration or deregistered;
- If the claim hasn’t been signed by one of the parties. In this case we will issue a notice of claim and send it to them by mail. They will have 14 days to dispute the claim. If we have not heard from them at the end of the 14 days, we may pay the bond out.
If both parties have signed the form and you have not heard from us within 14 day, please check your bank account. If you have not received the money, please contact us with the following information:
- Retail bond number;
- Address of the leased premises/shop.