How do I claim my retail bond?
To claim your retail bond, download and complete the Claim for Retail Bond Money form. To speed up the process, make sure that all parties who signed the lodgement form sign the claim form.
Once the form has been completed and signed, please scan it or take a clear picture of it and email it to [email protected]
If the other party is unable or unwilling to sign the form, or if you can't get hold of them, you can still send the form with just your signature(s).
Most claims will be paid within 14 days of receipt.
Delays in processing are likely to occur in the following circumstances:
- If the information on the form is incomplete or differs from the records;
- If we can’t validate a signature;
- If one of the parties disputes the claim;
- If the bond is found to be held in the residential scheme;
- If either party is a company that is under administration or deregistered;
- If the claim hasn’t been signed by one of the parties. In this case we will issue a notice of claim and send it to them by mail. They will have 14 days to dispute the claim. If we have not received a response at the end of the 14 days, we may pay the bond out as claimed
If both parties have signed the form and you have not heard from us or received the money within 14 days, please contact:
Contact Rental Bonds:
Email – [email protected].au
Phone – 133 220
Post – Rental Bonds Locked Bag 9000 Grafton NSW 2460